Powerglide Big Input Shaft Kit [353532-01K]
Availability: In stock, usually ships within 1 to 3 days.
Price: $875.76 / Ea
MSRP: $875.76 / Ea
Stop worrying about input shaft failure when running the GM Powerglide in the most extreme applications. Sonnax offers the only big input shaft upgrade with custom components designed to work together for reliable performance. Whether you have an existing assembly or start from scratch in the gear ratio of your choice, it’s the best way to connect huge power to Sonnax 1.58/1.65 planetaries for great run after run with minimum downtime.
The only way to prevent twist and breakage from massive torque is to increase the input shaft diameter, and the core of the big shaft system is big input shaft kit 353532-01K. The shaft strikes the perfect balance between strength and ease of installation with a 1-1/8” dia. and a unique, high-strength spline that still fits through the 1.58/1.65 front sun gear. It delivers 35% more strength than standard 1” shafts, a dramatic upgrade for racers that want to take full advantage of the lightweight and efficient Powerglide transmission.
Big Shaft Features
- Torsional, ringless design
- Heat-treated, 300M steel with advanced processing
- 35 Splines (AOD-style) at converter
Clutch Hub Features
- 1.500" Tall hub for use with 10-clutch setups
- High-strength chromoly steel
- Custom fit for the big shaft
How to Select the Right Components for a Big Shaft System
Question 1: What gear ratio do you want to run, 1.58 or 1.65?
Question 2: Do you already have a Sonnax 1.58 or 1.65 planetary assembly?
- If YES: Upgrade your existing assembly by ordering the big input shaft kit, stator tube kit and a 1.58 or 1.65 rear sun gear kit (components #1, #2 and #3).
- If NO: Order all five big shaft system components in the gear ratio of your choice.
||Big Input Shaft Kit
||Big Shaft Stator Tube Kit
||Big Shaft Rear Sun Gear Kit|
||Extreme Planetary Assembly Kit|
||Extreme Strength Output Shaft|